He replies, “To drive your enemies before you, to crush them, and to hear the lamentation of their women.”
Not sentiments that I agree with personally, but I have found myself asking “what is best?” on more than one occasion.
Or to phrase the question in a more precise way, that’s relevant for this blog, “What elements would there be in the best film/comic/novel/computer game ever?”
This a list of things that I’d like to see – it’s gratuitously subjective, non-binding and not at all comprehensive. It’s definitely not a list that will lead to Great Art. It is, in essence, a list of stuff I think is cool and should be in films/books/games.
– Pirates (Pirates are cool. Everyone knows that.)
– Ninjas (If you have pirates, you have to have ninjas too. Fact.)
– Dinosaurs (Dinosaurs are also cool. Ask any seven year old.)
– Giant robots (My love of giant robots is previously stated.)
– Airships (Airships are awesome – I mean to do a post on them some time – but for the moment, just imagine something as big as the Titanic that *flies*)
– Sword fights (These tend to come with pirates and ninjas, but I do love swashbuckling films.)
(And before anyone asks, zombies are *not* getting on the list.)
Now these aren’t a guarantee of a good or enjoyable film/book/game (*cough* Transformers 2 *cough*), but they certainly increase the chances to my mind.
Which makes it all the worse that *this* never got made: